Sweet and sticky honey, chilli and ginger chicken for special occasions or a quick supper. Try it once and you’ll be guaranteed to add this to your favorites.
- Olive oil
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 3 tbls Honey Australia’s Chilli Honey
- Plain flour
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 80ml water
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- A thumb sized piece of ginger, finely sliced
- A handful of spring onions
- Cut the chicken breast into strips, add some rock salt, black pepper and the flour to a bowl – coat the chicken. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Juice the lemon into a bowl, add the Chilli Honey, soy sauce, water and cornflower and stir together. Leave to one side for now.
- Fry the chicken in batches for a few minutes in the hot oil until golden brown and remove to drain on paper towels. Repeat until all the chicken cooked
- Discard all but about a tablespoon of the oil from the wok and gently fry the ginger
- Add the lemon juice, honey mixture. Keep stirring and bring to the boil, the sauce will thicken.
- Add the chicken to the wok to heat through for a few minutes, toss in the sauce to coat.
- Slice the spring onions and throw in the wok for the last minute – serve with rice.