Makes 40 Cookies
Honey and cinnamon biscuit dough
- 200g butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (80g) icing sugar mixture
- 1/3 cup Honey Australia’s Cinnamon Honey
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup (40g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggwhites, lightly whisked
- 3 1/4 cups (500g) pure icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and icing sugar mixture in a bowl until pale and creamy.
- Add Cinnamon Honey. Beat until well combined.
- Place flours and milk in a bowl. Add butter mixture.
- Mix until dough begins to form.
- Turn onto a well floured surface. Knead gently until smooth.
- Divide dough in half and wrap each portion in plastic wrap.
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Using a well floured rolling pin, roll one portion of dough out on a well floured surface until 5mm-thick.
Using a star cookie cutter, cut out biscuits. Place on prepared trays.
Bake, swapping trays halfway during cooking, for 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp and golden.
Cool on tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Make glace icing:
Using a wooden spoon, lightly beat eggwhites. Sift icing sugar over eggwhite. Stir until smooth. Add lemon juice and stir until well combined.
Spread biscuits with icing, leaving a 2mm border. Sprinkle with coconut. Set aside for 1 hour to set.
Serve or gift wrap.